Here are a few of the supplies I used to create my basket lights above my peninsula.
I got the baskets from GW for a dollar each. The chain, cup hooks and paint were things I had lying around.
I painted the white cup hooks.
I also painted the chain the same color.
I actually bought some larger battery-powered puck lights, 4 for $8. They give off sort of a blue light, but I wasn’t really going for ultra-functional because I have tons of light in the kitchen and the dining room. So for under $10 I had 3 “new” pendant lights.
I tested out this arrangement for a few days, then decided it wasn’t quite right. I cut the chains down so that each light was suspended from a single length of chain. It still didn’t flow with the room and during my next trip to GW, I found some wire baskets. At first I only spotted 2, but – after looking around some more, I found another one – SCORE, especially at $1 a piece!
I used some smaller chain I had around and used that to attach an S-hook so I could just hook the light up to the chain.
After attaching the chain and hook, I took them out to the closeline and, using the same paint as the chain, I painted the basket, chains and hook.
This picture was taken after the first basket – on the far left, was painted and the second basket was partially painted – from the overspray! Needless to say, it was really a little bit windy to be painting today.
I just attached the puck lights with some velcro strips. I haven’t decided if I want to paint the black portion the same color as the baskets, but for now – I like it!
Sorry – it is a little difficult to get a good picture of them. I like the more open look of the wire baskets vs. the solid baskets. I’m sure I can find a good use for the other baskets yet!
Linking to the following…